All files available in the Download Area are compressed archives in RAR or ZIP format.
Updating to the 6.0 version from 5.*
Note: Workflow of the system update for local and network versions security key are the same
To update the system from the 5.x version to the 6.x, you need update security key
drivers on a computer with security key. Perform the following actions to do this:
- Download the last version of security key drivers.
- Unzip Runtime_Environment and launch the haspdinst.bat file.
- Launch browser on a computer with security key.
- Input http://localhost:1947 in the URL bar and move to it. The Sentinel Admin
Control Center page opens.
- Choose the Sentinel Keys in the left menu. The table with available security keys
- Find a key with the Local value in the Location column and the 45081 value in the
- Perform one of the following actions:
• if there is a Sentinel Key Version Not Supported text in the Actions column,
contact the Racurs company technical support service (email@example.com).
• if in the Actions column there are Features, Sessions and Blink on buttons, go
to step 8.
- For update licences in the security key perform the following:
- Download the file.
- Unzip RUS.zip and launch the RUS_GEOYI.exe on a computer with security key.
- In the Collect information from this computer to enable section choose the
Update of existing protection key and click the Collect Information button.
- Save the *.c2v file and send it by e-mail to the Racurs company (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The company send you e-mail with *.exe file or *.v2c file.
- Perform one of the following:
• if you obtained an *.exe file, launch it on a computer with security key.
• if you obtained a *.v2c file, launch RUS_GEOYI.exe on a computer with security
key. Move to the Apply License File tab, click the button, choose the
file and click the Apply Update button.
- Install the PHOTOMOD 6 system. The PhConsts50.dll file from the PHOTOMOD
5 system version could be used during the installation.
Note: The PHOTOMOD 5 system still could be used after the security key firmware updating for
the PHOTOMOD 6 system.
Download System updating (PDF)
Updating to the 5.* version from 4.*
It is necessary to reprogram hard lock key for network version of PHOTOMOD 5.* because there were changes in the license,
refer to instructions below. The updated key supports both PHOTOMOD 5.* and 4.* versions.
To reprogram the hard lock key you must:
Download the special key reprogramming utility at http://www.racurs.ru/?page=235
Start the utility on a machine with the key attached
Click the Collect information button
Save the created file *.c2v and send it to email@example.com
You will receive the file *.v2c from the Racurs technical support group
Restart the utility
On the tab page Apply license update choose file *.v2c and click the Apply update button
In addition to the *.v2c file, you will also receive PhConst50.dll used for PHOTOMOD 5.* installation and PhConst40.dll
used to configure PHOTOMOD 4.* correctly, if you have it installed.
Users of PHOTOMOD local version will receive PhConst50.dll (Please send inquiry in technical support firstname.lastname@example.org for file) to be used for installation of PHOTOMOD 5.*. Note that PHOTOMOD 4.* will
be kept available for work.
PHOTOMOD 5.* and PHOTOMOD GeoMosaic installation
Download system installer at http://www.racurs.ru/?page=235.
If previous system version (PHOTOMOD 4.*) is currently on your computer, you will need to install PHOTOMOD 5.*
to separate folders (by default — PHOTOMOD5 for the program itself and PHOTOMOD5.VAR for the configuration files).
Before installing, copy PhConst50.dll file to the folder with the installer.
Once installation is complete, start the PHOTOMOD System Monitor program. You will see the “R”
icon in the system tray. Clicking the right mouse button on the “R” icon invokes a menu to start the PHOTOMOD.
Working in PHOTOMOD 4.*
Replace PhConst40.dll (in the installation folder of PHOTOMOD 4.*) with the new one you received
from the Racurs Technical Support Department.
PHOTOMOD 5.* resource system
PHOTOMOD 5.* resource system differs significantly from those in previous versions.
To organize work on a network:
Step 1: Defining resource system
Select/create a folder on the server in which to place projects.
Select/create folders on the server in which to place images. For big projects, there may be folders defined on several servers.
Select a folder on the server in which to place configuration files (Centralized management folder).
Open Control Panel from the System Monitor menu, and then click the Initial settings button.
Select the Centralized management folder. Click the Manage network profiles button.
Step 2: Making network profile for the project or project group
Define network profile name (root of resource tree).
Define profile resource structure by attaching the project and image folders selected in Step 1 via virtual folders (virtual names).
Step 3: Access to network profile resources from workstations
Open Control Panel from System Monitor menu on the workstation, click the Initial settings
button, select the Centralized management folder and click OK.
The network profile is now connected to the workstation and its name will appear in the list of
profiles in the Control panel.
Activate the network profile by double-clicking on its name, and then click the Apply button.
Start the PHOTOMOD system and all resources of the active profile will be available.
Through connecting the centralized management folder, the network profile becomes accessible for parallel work on any workstation with
the PHOTOMOD system installed.
To organize work on a local machine:
Select/create folders for project and image locations on the local machine.
Open the Control Panel.
Create a local profile:
– name local profile;
– connect project and image folders via virtual folders;
– activate the profile by double-clicking;
– start PHOTOMOD system and all resources of the active profile will be available.
Local profile will be available on only one workstation.