Novelties in using PHOTOMOD 5.0 discussed in a seminar in Sofia
A seminar of users of PHOTOMOD, organized by Photogrammetry Department at GIS Sofia Ltd., took place in Sofia on 12 May 2010.
There were 40 participants from 28 units, using the digital photogrammetric system PHOTOMOD of Moscow company RACURS:
GIS Sofia Ltd., Geocad93 Ltd., Geoconsult Ltd., Geodetecr Ltd., Geo2000 Ltd., Mapex Ltd. and Department of Photogrammtry and Cartography at the University of Architecture, Civil Engineering and Geodesy.
Other participants were from Agency of Geodesy, Cartography and Cadastre, Military Geographic Service, Mining University, High Civil Engineering School and other companies interesting in digital photogrammetry and in particular from PHOTOMOD.
The seminar was opened by Mrs. Veselka Disheva, M.Sc., Manager of GIS SOFIA Ltd.
Dr. Ivan Katzarsky conducted the first session and Mrs. Tanya Madzharova, M.Sc. — the second.
The following five papers have been delivered and discussed:
- “PHOTOMOD — Productivity and Automation” by Mrs. Tanya Madzharova, head of Photogrammetry Department;
- “Orthorectification of satellite imagery by PHOTOMOD for identification of agricultural lands” by Dr. Angel Angelov, manager of Geodetect Ltd.;
- “PHOTOMOD 5.0 — Precision, Quality and Productivity” by Katerina Chucheva, M.Sc., specialist at Photogrammetry Department;
- “Accuracy Evaluation of Orthophotoplan of a part of City of Pleven” by Mariela Vassileva, specialist at Geocad93 Ltd.;
- “Distribution of PHOTOMOD in Bulgaria” by Dr. Ivan Katzarsky.
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Plamen Maldjansky made a detailed contribution on the state of Department of Photogrammetry and Cartography at the University of Architecture, Civil Engineering and Geodesy.
Katerina Chucheva demonstrated PHOTOMOD 5.0 on a real project in Photogrammetry Department at GIS SOFIA Ltd.